I New Words
II Reading is fun:
1. What did Nasruddin boast about?
Ans: Nasruddin boasted that no can match his skills in archery.
2. Why did Nasruddin take someone else’s name each time he missed the target.
Ans: Nasruddin was a clever man. He was taking someone else’s name to defend himself.
3. Why did Nasruddin say, “It was my aim,” the third time?
Ans: Nasruddin said like this as this time he has shot arrow on the aim.
4. Do you think Nasruddin was good at archery?
Ans: No, I don’t think that he was good in archery.
III. Word Building
1. Shoot the arrow and hit the target by matching the words with their correct meaning.
1. Chatting - talking informally
2. Amazement - great surprise
3. Archery - shooting with a bow and arrow
4. Defending - protecting from attack
5. Target - the goal intended to be hit
6. Triumphantly – happily and proudly.
IV Lets Write
Frame sentences using ‘and’ or ‘but’.
1. Grandpa and Grandma get up early in the morning.
2. Grandpa is walking but Rajiv is Jogging.
3. Father is putting up weight but mother is doing yoga.
4. Grandma is drinking water and sita is skipping.
V Opposite words
1. Friend × enemy
2. Giving × taking
3. Laughing × Crying
4. Defend × attack
5. Picked × dropped
6. Lucky × unlucky
VI Creative Writing
Write 5 lines on your favorite sport.
1. Cricket is my favorite sport.
2. There are 11 players in each team in a game of cricket.
3. Cricket game need a bat, a ball and two sets of wickets.
4. There are 6 balls in a over.
5. There are different forms of cricket like ODI, T20 and Test matches.